Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alumni: Bryan Kuntz

    I would like to invite you to my first solo photography exhibit at G Gallery Houston. This is in conjunction with Fotofest Houston 2010. During the month of March there will be over 120 galleries, museums, and public spaces dedicated to photography. I have spent the last year and half photographing a number of very different people each with the US flag. This concept originally came to mind shortly after 9-11. Seeing the great number of flags that began showing up everywhere I was impressed with how greatly all of our lives are affected by all that the flag stands for. It wasn’t until late in 2008 that I began shooting. I am thrilled to have completed 20 beautiful environmental portraits of artists, kids in my neighborhood, my mother and father who both passed away within months of being photographed and within about 3 months of one another, and several others.

Hope to see you there, Bryan

"Class of 1979"


No comments: